Although I enjoy writing, I never thought of myself as a writer. I do have ideas and I like telling stories but navigating the English language is always a challenge. Should I write in present tense or past tense? What voice should I use? Should it be singular or plural? How about the pesky verb-tense agreement?
The following is a collection of my writing I have done over the years. Some of them are longer posts I did at the end of trips I have taken recently.
The entries are not in any particular order. I often think I should find time and go back and edit them. Maybe one day.
My Sojourn to Abbey-Saint-Benoit-du-Lac (August 2023)
I have visited the Abbey-Saint-Benoit-du-Lac near Magog, Quebec numerous times. In August 2023, I booked myself a room staying in the abbey and this is my reflection from my stay.
- My Reflection: Forgiveness — a gift from my Grandparents by Mark Sakamoto
- Book Review #3_In Manchuria: Journeys Across Northeast Frontiers by Michael Meyer
- Why We Swim by Bonnie
Four short travelogs from my European trip in 2019: Vatican City, Pisa, Siena, and London
Three blogs I wrote during my Batterfields Trip around Normandy in 2015
- Blog 1: ‘Memory‘ [written on the day after visiting Canada House]
- Blog 2: Abbaye Adenne — They Are the Lucky Ones [written after lunch with villagers at Le Mesnil-Patry]
- Blog 3: When the French sing O’Canada [written after the ceremony at the Cinteaux Canadian Cemetery in Bretteville-sur-Laize]
- Fresh Lobster (a chance encounter on the Magdalen Islands)
- Good-bye and Thank-you (my letter to my school community for my retirement)
- Travel Reflection after a long European trip (August 2016)
- Why I Travel (epiphany from Lisbon)
- I am Part of all I have met (Summer, 2014)
- At Least it is Sunny (an unexpected detour)
- What Then Shall We Do?
- The Poor will Always be With Us
- My Dinner with Mr. Wu
Long Posts on Facebook: