Links for specific cities
- 11 Tips to Help you visit Expensive Iceland on Budget by Nomadic Matt.
- Top things to do in Iceland from Lonely Planet.
- Five things to keep in mind for first time visitors in Iceland from I Heart Iceland
- Visiting Iceland: 14 Dos and Don’ts from Lonely Planet.
- How to have a Budget Break in Iceland from Lonely Planet.
- Fire and ice: Adventures in Iceland from Lonely Planet.
- 10 things No One Tell You About … Reykjavik by Amanda Wowk, thepointsguy.com
- Ramblas from Rick Steves.
- A perfect weekend in Barcelona by Lonely Planet.
- 18 free things to do in Barcelona by Trent Holen from Lonely Planet
- Top 10 day trips out of Barcelona from Lonely Planet
- Bracelona’s lesser-known attractions from Lonely Planet
- Madrid by Rick Steves.
- A Cultural Travel Guide to Madrid from The Wall Street Journal.
- The Top Things to see and do in Madrid by Nomadic Matt.
- Icons of Madrid: Discovering the Prado & Botin with New Eyes by Lauren Aloise from spnanishsabores.com
- A Literary Tour of Madrid by Shayla Martin from www.fodors.com
- Top things to do in Lisbon from Lonely Planet
- Budget Break from The Times (UK)
- Taste of Lisbon: classic dishes and culinary surprises on a foodie tour by Isabel Choat from www.theguardian.com
- My favorite Eats in Lisbon by Lisa, www.llworldtour.com
- A Lisbon Food Court Housed in a Palace by Diane Daniel, www.nytimes.com
- Lisbon: grab a tram, a tart and an eyeful from Lonely Planet
- Why I Fell In Love With Lisbon by Flora from floratheexplorer.com
- Sweet Lisbon: the best places to get your sugar fix by Hannah Summers, Lonely Planet
- My Favorite Hostel in Portugal — Living Lounge Hostel in Lisbon from cherylhoward.com
- 36 Hours in Lisbon by Seth Sherwood, www.nytimes.com
- First time Paris: top tips for your visit to the City of Light by Nicola Williams, Lonely Planet
- 20 Ultimate Things to do in Paris by Fodor’s Travel
- How to Spend 5 Days in Paris by Noamdicmatt, www.nomadicmatt.com
- 10 Things No One Tells You About .. Paris by Lori Zanio, thepointguy.com
- Jeanette Winterson on Paris’s Great Bookstore, Shakespeare and Company by Lit Hub Photography, by LIt Hub Photograhy, www.lithub.com
- What It’s Like to Live Inside the Legendary Paris Bookstore Shakespeare & Co., from www.vice.com
- 19 Things to Do In Paris This Summer by Jennifer Ladonne, www.fodors.com
- At These Parisian Landmarks, Shhh Is the Word, Richard B. Woodward, www.nytimes.com
- Paris by pastry: five patisserie icons and where to find them by Janine Eberle, Lonely Planet
- Paris on a budget by Nicola Williams, Lonely Planet
- 36 Hours on the Left Bank, Paris by Amy Thomas, www.nytimes.com
- Top 10 things to do in Paris in spring by Nicola Williams, Lonely Planet
- The unsung museums of Paris by Nicola Williams, Lonely Planet
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris by Jennifer Ladonne, www.fodors.com
- The Paris Gold Ring Scam from www.everywhereist.com
- Vegas for extroverts and introverts from VegasSolo.com
- Leaving Los Vegas — Ghost towns and Aliens Encounters from LonelyPlanet.com
- Ten things to do nearby with a casino in sight from LonelyPlanet.com
- The 38 Essential Restaurants (October 2013) from Vegas.Eater.com
- 10 Attractions in Las Vegas Besides Gambling from InspringtTavlers.com
- Purchasing Travel Insurance: 5 Tips from a pro by Johnny Jet.
- Do You Really Need Rental Car Insurance? from New York Times.
In Europe, deep discount tickets between cities are made available 60 or 90 days before the day of travel and they are sold out quickly. The earlier you book, the cheaper the ticket. Also, time of day and day of the week will affect the price drastically. Keep in mind that most major European cities have more than one major train station.
In Asia, train tickets are inexpensive but inter-cities trains get filled up quickly. High-speed trains are plentiful in China but reservation is a must.
- A beginner’s guide to buying cheap European train tickets online from www.seat61.com. This is an excellent site to start but make sure you give yourself enough time to navigate the very detailed information.
- Buying European Train Ticekts by Rick Steves
- Train Travel in Europe with Interrail Nomadisbeautiful.com
- Eurail Pass vs buying point to point ticket in Europe from Indie Travel Podcast
- Life in the slow: Four classic European rail lines by George Hobica, USA Today
- Top 5 unmissable journeys by rail from www.lonelyplanet.com
- Amateur Traveler is an award winning travel podcast and blog. Lots of great information from many destinations. It is hosted by Chris Christensen.
- Everything-Everywhere is the home of award-winning photographer and travel blogger Gary Arndt
- The Point guy — the go to site everything that has to do with travel reward points.
- Normadic Matt is a best selling author who offers lots of useful travelling tips
- Jonny Jet is another traveller I follow. His site offers travel tips and deals.
- Solo Travel — ideas and resources for solo traveller.
- Viator– is major tour company that specializes local tours.